By Fidel A. Ozugha.
Fear is one of emotions Almighty God blessed man with but which devil has cornered and has been using it to torment man.
Today’s world is filled with fear of all sorts. In our country Nigeria, fear everywhere every time. It all depends on who you are, what you are, where you are, plus others.
For instance, students in higher institutions of learning fear lecturers going on strike. Everybody in Nigeria fears being attacked by armed robbers. That is why you see blockages everywhere,burglary proofs even to the cealing. Fear of insecurity in Nigeria is real. Those employed fear retrenchment. Graduates fear being jobless. What do you fear, covid 19 pandemic
But as a christian, do you need to fear, do you need to live and submit your life to that high level of agony and bondage? What did Jesus Christ tell you about fear?
‘Fear not’ is the most repeated command in the Bible. It is even said that there 365 fear nots in the Bible, which means that each day has one to protect you. Read Isaiah 43:1-2.
The only thing you need to fear is God, not man or other things God created. If you fear God, everything He created will fear you. The fear of God has remained the beginning of wisdom. So if you want to be wise, just fear God. Just do not fear, but only believe.
HOW TO OVERCOME YOUR FEAR.
- Accept Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour. Give your life to Him today, and now. Invite Him into your life.
- Confess your sins, empty those things devil packed into your life. Sin is an entanglement. You can’t overcome in a sinful life. Fear feeds on sin. The guilty are entitled to fear the consequences of their actions.
- Live a holy life. Let Holy Spirit of God direct, drive your life. It is a major known antidote against fear.
- Meditate on the word of God. Use what God said to delete what devil tells you. let not the word of God depart from your mouth.
- Remind God of all His promises concerning you. Psalm 91 is good for you.
- Analyze the source of your fear. Ask questions, ask fear some questions on what it tells you to do, who it tells you to fear.
- Praise God in the presence of your fear. Rejoice amidst the perceived danger.
- Preach the Word of God on the spot of your fear. Challenge back.
- Enter into a covenant with God on that stubborn fear, just a simple covenant, and you will see wonders.
- Think less of this world and more of heaven. Galatians 5 : 22 -23. NOTE: Fear kills, and fear has pushed some people to the top of their desire.So use your fear wisely for she is a messenger. Listen to and analyse the message to advnance your course and lift up humanity.