By Onwurah Chinonso Anthony
Anambra 2021 gubernatorial election is a very important election for Ndi Anambra which cannot be sacrificed on the alter of politics.
Anambra 2021 gubernatorial election will decide whether Anambra State will move forward by regaining it’s position in the league of developing states in Nigeria.
The year 2021 is one that offers Ndi Anambra the opportunity to make a bold statement of what we want as a people through a free, fair and credible election.
It is what will determine whether we are ready to change the status quo and regain our liberty and pride in Anambra State.
When you look at Dr. Godwin Maduka; his antecedents, personal background, academic background, his blueprint for Anambra State (what he is bringing to the table) financial background and from all viewpoints, you will convincingly agree with me that Dr. Godwin Maduka ought to be the consensus candidate across all parties and religious divides to enable him transform Anambra State.
Ndi Anambra, we should not allow politics and it’s dirty dealings to jeopardize our golden opportunity to redirect and reposition our State for accelerated development and growth.
Ndi Anambra, we shouldn’t sacrifice our future and those of our future generations on the alter of selfish interests and irrational sentiments.
What we need now is to rebuild our State and set it on an enviable height where every Anambrarian will be proud and bold to declare publicly that ‘I am Anambrarian (Àbúm Ónye Anambra)’
If we elect a resourceful and purposeful leader like Dr. Godwin Maduka, we shall comfortably sleep with our both eyes closed as his passion for service and knack for transformation of both humanity and environment will be manifest in his leadership of Anambra State. He has already proven his capacity and capability through his excellence in medical practice and investments in businesses.
Dr. Maduka as a true Igbo man, believes that irrespective of where we made our money, East or West, home is the best and has demonstrated it by being a leading protagonist of the “Akulueuno Philosophy”.
He has really paid his dues by giving back to the society through his enormous philanthropic and humanitarian works in Umuchukwu and beyond.
Today, Anambra State can boast of the biggest medical research centre in West Africa, which was single handedly built by Dr Maduka. There is no doubt that he has the best interest of the masses at heart and Anambra State cannot expect less from him.
He has further demonstrated these through his 10 point agenda.
DR. MADUKA’S 10 POINTS AGENDA:
1) Health Care – (Improving The Standard of Health Care Delivery And Boosting Anambra Economy Through Medical Tourism).
2) Agriculture – (Mechanised and Non-Mechanised System).
3) Education – (Mandatory Free Basic Education for All).
4) Infrastructure and Tourism – (The Ultramodern Facilities Dimension).
5) Technology and Digital Economy – (The Solution to Youth Unemployment).
6) Women and Youth Empowerment – (Setting Direct Path Towards Gender Equality, Poverty Eradication and Inclusive Economic Growth).
7) Security – (Protection of Lives and Properties).
8) Transportation – (Unrestrained Flow of Traffic).
9) Energy – ( Environmental Hygiene, Renewable Energy and Economic Growth).
10) Religious Tolerance, Democracy and Good Governance – (Enthronement of Virtues of Good Governance).
Ndi Anambra, let us support this man of the people who is generally accepted across all political and religious divides for the post of the Governor of Anambra State.
Let us support him for his workable and realistic plans to transform Anambra State.
Dr. Godwin Maduka’s gubernatorial ambition is supposed to be a collective project of every well-meaning Anambrarian accessing from all view points.
The man is eminently qualified and has the best to offer Ndi Anambra.
Onwurah is an Equity Lawyer based in Awka, Anambra State.