I urge you and myself to fear Allah.
Allah says: “And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He
will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will
provide him from (sources) he never could imagine.”
Servants of Allah, kindly reciprocate the month of generosity with
generosity, the month of Qur’an with the recitation and understanding of
Qur’an, the month of supplication with supplication, the month of
repentance with repentance. No sooner it arrives than it will start
bidding us farewell. It will not wait
for the lazy ones. The slogan of that month for the
winners is the saying of the Prophet: “Whosoever observed the night
prayers during Ramadan in a state of faithfulness and seeking reward
from Allah, his past sins would be wiped away.”
The slogan of that month for the losers is the saying of the Prophet: “May humiliation befalls the one who Ramadan came to him/her and left
without the attaining of forgiveness.” Below are some codes and ethics
through which the benefits of Ramadan could be maximized and
- Moderate consumption of food
- Eat the last piece of the food
on your plate to attain the
- Avoid extravagance.
- Don’t miss night prayers.
- Recitation of Qur’an.
- Eating of
- Avoid neglecting Fajr Prayers.
- Maximize seeking for Allah’s
forgiveness in the last part of
- Provide food for people fasting
to break their fasting with it
especially the needy.
- Don’t get busy with acts
except those will bring you
closer to Allah.
- Lastly remember that the sky is your limit in a season whereby wise and serious people get busy working while remembering some brothers and sisters of ours who cannot fast the way we fast, pray the way we pray. They cannot break fasting the way we do nor can they eat sahur the way we do. Wars and battles have wore them up. Destitution and hanger are eating into them. We sleep while listening to recitation of Qur’an while only Allah knows what fills up their ears.